Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What will Win State?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemaniac93

I know the usual cards being played(Blissey, Gallade/Gardevoir, Absol), but what do you think will be ran at States?
Darkrai Lv.X and Cresselia Lv.X are really good, but their weaknesses make everything bad. Gallade's Psychic Cut K.Os Darkrai Lv.X and lots of Psychic cards can K.O. Cresselia Lv.X.

Something that consistently beats GG-absol, Blissey-?, and Magmortar.. Or has a good day against those three.

My secret rogue deck.... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

so secretly secret and owning all of those decks! it will make the best decks look not shiny anymore!!!!

My deck is so evilishy diabolical :lol::lol::lol: I'll probably run with blissey though seeing as I won every CC undefeated I played at with it :biggrin:

Hurricane will sweep the nation..... well, at least as long as everyone else plays Magmortor it will. lol

^ By looking at your avatar, and seeing that your screen name has Ttar in it, I'm going to guess that you are useing Blissy.

....:nonono:

I'm betting on the same three decks, but I'm also betting on Togekiss variants. And, of course, The Band Series!

Heh... yeah, I'm tired of hearing about Hurricane too, especially since I've seen the deck do absolutely nothing so far.

I agree, I think Togekiss will change something. Maybe that new Exploud, if we get it. Other than that, Magmortar seems good to go right now.

^We've been waiting...

Agreed Erik, Exploud will see play for sure. It's TOO good to pass up. Otherwise, Magmortar will probably take a lot of states, it's got everything it needs (and with Pachirusu, it'll be able to go that extra mile.)

i'd be lol to see the Fairies get some use :D

but seriously, I expect Toge Varients, Rockin Like a Hurricane, Blissey, GalBladder(my name for GG), Magmortar, and Flygon stuff :D

Darthpika135 [10:39 AM]: if hurricane cant win at least 1 states after doing that then i will drop the deck and say its junk lol

^ yep read it!

The same 3 decks that are doing well now: Blissey, Magmortar, G&G (all with little updates for the new cards) and then probably 1 or 2 decks from GE.

Exploud is decent, but it's weak to the most popular deck right now (G&G), it's first attack is very random (although the effects are nice) and it's second attack only works in a boost-filled environment. I think the weakness to G&G by itself should eliminate it's use by itself.

Porygon Z and 2 is in the set but not the lv.X. You might see people playing the line either way, but without the lv.X, you lose a bit of the abilities the deck once had.

Darkrai will see lots of play, just because of the hype. I don't know how well it will do though. It's weak to G&G, and that alone could make it unplayable.

There are plenty of decent cards in GE, but that doesn't cut it anymore. You have to be overpowered to even stand a chance in the current format. Look at the decks doing well now. They all have attacks that can scale damage. Gallade's damage scales with prizes flipped over, Blissey and Magmortar with energy on them. Two out of three of the decks abuse lv.Xs that have messed up attacks. Two out of three abuse poke-powers to help setup. Follow those guidelines with another deck and you might do well. Anything else? Not so much.

Cresselia and Darkrai are both bad. The same decks will do well until metagame is too simple. After that the metagame will be full of anti G&G and Magmortar decks, which means metagame will experience the same balancing move that it does every year. And this all thanks to GE.

what will win states? simple:
a good player will win states, who has made a great build to compliment the pokemon in the deck.

at the end of this, it is the luck of the draw that will pay a big part. but it will mainly be how the player plays the cards that luck has served him. making a good built to work around the luck of the draw.

thats what'll win

of course any old crap ain't gonna win, but i depends about 65-70% on the build and skill of the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back