Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Wow Japan is weird

I thought PS was huge in japan, but if MS gets Japan, it is all over.

MS 4 LYFE.

Bill Gates ftw.

If he gets Japan, well, let's just say those evil robots won't kill themselves. O ya, that's right, MS is nice.

Those pet robo-dogs won't charge themselves.

if this kinda momentum keeps up till Lost Oddysey, things will get really interesting
Monkey Wrench anyone?

Pfft. DS owns Japan. It still holds the most top spots on the sales charts. Next would be PS2. The only 360 game ever to make the top 10 is Blue Dragon. Also, two Wii games outsold Zelda: Wii Sports and Wii Play. Not to mention Wii's are still in short supply. I wouldn't say one Xbox 360 game in the Top 10 means it's taking over. :\ It's to be expected Zelda didn't make it, considering it was only the 3rd best selling Wii game and the DS dominates those charts (usually with a PS2 title here and there).

Japan, the country that brought us kancho (amongst many things not 'Gym suitable), is weird only now because of the Xbox 360 dominating? Hoo boy.

Prof. Chris, let me enlighten you on MS' situation in Japan. It flat out sucked. No one wanted one, it ia dominated by Sony and Nintendo. But when you sell over 80,000 units and sell out of them to a nation that hates Xbox 360, topples every game in the nation, you have to admit that is pretty damn impressive.
Wii's killer App, Zelda was number 17! Blue Dragon was number one, and I give kudos to MS.

Its also worth noting not a single Sony game cracked the top 30 lol

King3567 said:
Prof. Chris, let me enlighten you on MS' situation in Japan. It flat out sucked. No one wanted one, it ia dominated by Sony and Nintendo. But when you sell over 80,000 units and sell out of them to a nation that hates Xbox 360, topples every game in the nation, you have to admit that is pretty damn impressive.
Wii's killer App, Zelda was number 17! Blue Dragon was number one, and I give kudos to MS.

Its also worth noting not a single Sony game cracked the top 30 lol
I don't need enlightening. I know what Microsofts position is. I'm just saying that one successful game does not mean the 360 has taken over. Wii's Japanese Killer App obv was not Zelda. Wii Sports and Wii Play both outsold it. The fact that there were limited Wii's available probably held back the Wii's success on the sales charts.

Let me enlighten YOU. Microsoft bundled Blue Dragon and Blue Dragon swag (faceplates, etc) with core systems for no extra charge. With the much hyped game being GIVEN AWAY, I don't think it's a big shocker they sold out. Japan luvs Blue Dragon, not the 360. I stand by my view that one 360 game in the Top 10 does not mean "ZOMG Japanese <3 360 and it's taking over." Wii had 2 and DS had several. :\ We'll have to wait through the coming months to see if this really was a turn around for Microsoft or a one time deal. (who knows, everyone might finish Blue Dragon and go sell back their systems. ;p)

Hey Profesor Chris
3 games from Nintendo doesn't mean its dominating and I have noticed something about how u post... I have never seen u talk about Nintendo even wen it's obviously smart too..hmmm wat does that mean... Fanboy?? Thats right... Microsoft also has had 2 games that almost made it impossible for both Sony and Nintendo to come back... And that game my friend is.... Halo.. The only thing that was close to Halo was Gears of War (another Xbox game wat a thought...) However Sony did come back with one game... God of War. Wat did nintendo do about Halo? Nothing.. notice that nintendo didn't make a killer game after halo 2 came out.. Sony did... Is nintendo slipping?? We will see in the near future....
I'm not saying that nintendo is bad.... Its that there r better things....
O and btw Sony has some tricks up it's sleeve to "win the war" with a few games..
Lair
FF7 remake
Oblivion
Thats only a small few wat does nintendo have for it's furture?? I won't say but I now u will Profeser....,

ChubbyChilupa135 said:
FF7 remake
Doesn't exist. It's only a rumor. R-U-M-O-R. In fact, i'm pretty sure they only rendered Cloud and friends in 3D to show off the graphical capability of the PS3.

ChubbyChilupa135 said:
It's already out on the 360 and PC. No point in buying it for PS3 if you already have it one on of two other and imo, superior machines.

Shadow Zangoose said:
Doesn't exist. It's only a rumor. R-U-M-O-R. In fact, i'm pretty sure they only rendered Cloud and friends in 3D to show off the graphical capability of the PS3.

Square-Enix at one point said that if they were to actually to go and remake FF7 as-is for PS3 graphics, it'd take a large team of developers the better part of ten years (or some equally daunting figure) to pull it off.

So, yes, they have no plans to ever remake FF7.

ChubbyChilupa135 said:
Hey Profesor Chris
3 games from Nintendo doesn't mean its dominating and I have noticed something about how u post... I have never seen u talk about Nintendo even wen it's obviously smart too..hmmm wat does that mean... Fanboy?? Thats right... Microsoft also has had 2 games that almost made it impossible for both Sony and Nintendo to come back... And that game my friend is.... Halo.. The only thing that was close to Halo was Gears of War (another Xbox game wat a thought...) However Sony did come back with one game... God of War. Wat did nintendo do about Halo? Nothing.. notice that nintendo didn't make a killer game after halo 2 came out.. Sony did... Is nintendo slipping?? We will see in the near future....
I'm not saying that nintendo is bad.... Its that there r better things....
O and btw Sony has some tricks up it's sleeve to "win the war" with a few games..
Lair
FF7 remake
Oblivion
Thats only a small few wat does nintendo have for it's furture?? I won't say but I now u will Profeser....,
You've never seen me talk about Nintendo? ARE YOU BLIND? I talk about Nintendo all the time. In this thread even! Even so, how would NOT talking about Nintendo make me a fanboy?

At any rate, you entire post is irrelevant. This is about the situation in JAPAN. Nobody bought an Xboxin Japan. No one bought Halo (2) in Japan. Until Blue Dragon was released no one bought an Xbox 360 and no one will buy Halo 3. FPS is not a popular genre in Japan. Lets face it, FPS and real-type sports are all Microsoft has. The Japanese aren't particularly fond of either. In Japan the last Gen looked like this (excluding handhelds, because the DS owns everying): PS2>Gamecube>everything else>Xbox.

Nintendo's made plenty great games since Halo came out. You probably just don't like them because they aren't Halo (or a FPS). Nintendo can't be slipping because the DS owns everything, everywhere. They're set for life. :D It prints money.

Well isn't the 360 like 200$ in japan? and before BLue Dragon it was still being outsold by the gamecube,

Blue Dragon was a game made with the Japanese in mind, that is why its selling.

sdp said:
Well isn't the 360 like 200$ in japan? and before BLue Dragon it was still being outsold by the gamecube,

Blue Dragon was a game made with the Japanese in mind, that is why its selling.
Actually, right before Blue Dragon the 360 did pull ahead of the Gamecube. But that was because less Cubes were being sold (due to Wii) and not more 360s being sold. >_>

King3567 said:
*sigh* how quickly this topic is destroyed. I'll make an official one so all the hate can be in one spot....
Exactly how is this topic destroyed? Minus one or two off topic comments from Microsoft and/or Sony fanboys, most comments have been on topic. That is, the situation of the console war in Japan. :\

Ah. Things are back to normal in the land of the rising sun. :)

Top 10 for the 11th-17th of December:
#. (System, Publisher) Title - #Sold Last Week / #Sold Total
1. (DS, Pokemon) Pokemon Diamond - 123,573 / 2,119,848
2. (DS, Pokemon) Pokemon Pearl - 97,409 / 1,766,776
3. (DS, Nintendo) Kirby Squeek Squad - 92,173 / 557,634
4. (DS, Sega) Fushigi no Dungeon: Furai no Shiren - 88,242
5. (DS, Nintendo) New Super Mario Brothers - 77,761 / 3,617,021
6. (DS, Sega) Love and Berry DS Collection - 72,841 / 608,545
7. (DS, Nintendo) Jump Ultimate Stars - 71,339 / 349,979
8. (PS2, SCE) Wild Arms 5 - 70,476
9. (Wii, Nintendo) Wii Sports - 69,923 / 318,473
10. (Wii, Pokemon) Pokemon Battle Revolution - 67,607

Pokemon DP total: 220,982 / 3,886,624

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134741

No Blue Dragon or Zelda in the Top 30. Zelda's absence can be attributed to the lack of Wiis available (and the fact that no one wants the "inferior" GC version I suppose) but that doesn't seem to stop Wii Sports and Pokemon. I'm so glad I own a DS and a Wii. :D

Back