Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

X-Box 360 > PS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemon211

Does anyone have this? Im thinking of buying one, can anybody give me there opinions on it?
IS it a good buy or should i just wait until PS3

i think u should wiat untill the ps3 comes out since by then the price for the x box may have dropped and if u see the ps3 as better than the xbox(since it is ;) lol) u can buy the ps3

ps2 learnt their lesson from the xbox

ps3 > xbox 360

i've seen both systems inside and out and ps3 is the clear winner

PS3 is rumored to be coming out in 06, dont expect an xbox 360 price drop for near 2 years,

PS3 well cost more

Online games, or No? Ask yourself that and make a decision

I've got a 360 and its a damn good system, and i count 6 games of intrest coming out between now and the end of march that im looking forward to, PS3 launch we still dont know what games are going to be around at that time.

Last edited:
Found this in an article today

Gates' vision extends to TV as well. Gates announced a partnership with Direct TV and its British Counterpart, BSkyB. The Direct TV partnership will allow consumers to get Direct TV video onto a Windows Media Center PC as well as on its gaming console, the Xbox 360.

Definately could sway people to buy this over the PS3.....if proved true of course. Dunno, thoughts?

Unfortunately, i think Nintendo will be scrambling to play catch up. Maybe not with this next gen console (most likely) but definately with the next one after that (2010ish). The vision is to have the 3rd Xbox system (due in 2009 or 2010) be a complete integrated solution. The goal is to have a single PC-based device that replaces your entire entertainment center (stereo receiver, DVD player, CD-changer/MP3 player, TiVo/DVR, On-Demand media, built-in web-browser, etc). Having a weird controller isn't going to help them compete with the Microsoft "vision"

In that case, Microsoft would no longer be competing with Nintendo for the gaming console. If Sony goes that route, they would leave Nintendo with a monopoly on the console gaming arena, as well as a virtual monopoly on the portable gaming arena.

I, for one, will wait to see what PS3 and Revolution are capable of doing, what their specs are, etc. before thinking about buying any of these three.

well the whole microsoft "vision" is to have the 360 (or its next gen equivalent) capable of doing all those other mentioned things, so it would not leave Nintendo alone in the console area, it would leap far ahead of it. The difference would be the price

You seem to be basically describing a PC... Which is true, sony and MS are basically moving towards making their consoles into computers and not gaming systems. So yeah, nintendo would be the only one still making an actual game console.

Last edited:
You're missing the point...it will STILL be a console, but it will be able to do things a PC can do. So nintendo will basically be just a cheap console (not necessarily quality cheap, just price)

Now see thats what will never change. No matter what fancy features a console has, or its ability to be a PC....it all comes down to the games, both the playability and quality of those games. Fact of the matter is, we will never know until that time :smile:

Anyhow the purpose of my original post is to promote discussion about it. So I ask people this...Would you want a console system that can act as a PC/DVD/TIVO/Stereo? Getting DirecTV on your console could be pretty cool

Miamisportsfan45 said:
PS3 is better then the 360. If u needed some info there u go.

I heard that the xbox 360 overheats every 20 minutes.

Thats some pretty bad info....lol

not defending either one...just saying its gonna be hard for the PS3 to compete with the 360 say in about a year after all that above stuff kicks in

hahaha in 20 minutes?i played it for like 5 hours and it wasnt even warm ; P.i dont know who told you that.ps3 is supposed to cost around 500(before tax).i havent really seen any games other than killzone 2 on the ps3 that look interesting.

p.s halo 3 will be on the xbox 360 around december(i already reserved my copy)

playstaion is a easy win if you want a good game system it has final fantasy amazing it has god of war, resident evil, devil may cry all, dragon quest 8 that new game with colossese havent played, and much more its the best system hands down i would say ps2 beats xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back