Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

ability

1. K

Teleport Room and using a Stadiums effect twice in one turn.

Are effects on trainers removed when they go to the discard? For example if I use a PokéStop I already have in play from last turn, play a Collapsed Stadium then use Gothitelle’s Teleport Room on the recently used and discarded PokéStop can I use the effect of PokéStop again? It has never gone...
  2. P

Scizor punishing scossirs attack

Scizors punishing scissors attacks does 50 damage for each ability in play. If "path to the peak" is the stadium in play. And shuts off abilities to the ex pokemon in play. Does that basically mean that attack does nothing, if I don't have anyother non rule box pokemon with abilities in play...
  3. D

Shining Arcana Clarification

Am I allowed to put a Basic Energy card I see using Gardevoir's "Shining Arcana" Ability into my hand instead of attaching it? I would think yes since the cards aren't public knowledge, but I wanted to be sure.
  4. X

Ting Lu ex, pumpkaboo & gapejaw bog

My opponent have Ting lu ex in the active spot and stadium gapejaw bog, what happen if I play pumpkaboo from my hand? Will the gapejaw bog active and put 2 damage counter on pumpkaboo and shut down it's ability or gapejaw bog get removed first so there will no damage counter on pumpkaboo?
  5. F

Does Tool Jammer Stop Arcanine's Warming Up ability

Recently when playing GLC with some friends I we were unsure on how this interaction resolves. I have an Arcanine (Rebel Clash 028/192) with a Burning Scarf attached activating it's Warming Up Ability. This ability grants Arcanine +100 HP when Burning Scarf is equipped. My opponent then...
  6. P

Question about Burn Brightly Ability

Hello Everyone, So my question about Burn Brightly Ability would be that: What does 'You can't apply more then 1 Burn Brightly Ability at a time.' means? So let's say I start my turn and I want to attach 1 fire energy to pokémon A (which has no energy at all). I do it and then this pokémon has...
  7. B

Gardevoir V (2021) Heal Buff question

Hello, newer to Pokémon TCG so here is my question. I looked thru all Gardevoir posts I could find(all seemed older that I seen) but had no luck, so here goes... NOTE: not an energy question so energy cost not included. In this deck is the following: 1. Gardevoir V HP 210 Magical shot...
  8. K

Stealthy Hood vs. Ability Lock

Since effects such as Magearna-EX's Mystic Heart can block the Ability cancelling effects of Greninja BKP's Shadow Stitching, does Stealthy Hood allow a Pokémon in play to retain its Abilities while Garbotoxin, Bide Barricade, Power of Alchemy, etc. are active? If so, then per the "Remove any...
  9. K

Horror House GX vs. Abilities

While under the effect of Gengar & Mimikyu GX's Horror House GX (or Alolan Golem GX's Heavy Rock GX), can a player use Ditto ♦'s Almighty Evolution or Meganium LOT's Quick-Ripening Herb to evolve, since the card is coming out of the hand due to an Ability being used? I believe Zoroark GX's Trade...
  10. V

Pokemon Power + Attack | Venusaur Shining Legends + Tapu Lele GX

Today at League my opponent had on board Venusaur from Shining Legends and active Tapu Lele GX. Using Jungle Totem ability from Venusaur (Shining Legends), he wanted to count one Green Energy as two using Energy Drive on Tapu Lele GX, giving additional 40 damage instead of 20 from that one...
  11. K

Sky Pillar vs. Shadow Stitching

Sky Pillar prevents all effects of an opponent's attack done to benched Pokémon. This should include the Ability lock from Greninja BKP's Shadow Stitching, yes? Also, would it be the same set of rulings as Bronzong FCO 61's Metal Fortress? That is, is all the following true?: • An Active...
  12. K

Using abilities without effect

I have heard rumors that this has changed, but cannot find it anywhere. Do abilities follow the same rule as cards in general, that you cannot use an ability if it is public/common knowledge that it does not have an effect? For instance: If I attach a Fighting type energy to my Eevee (SUM 101)...
  13. K

Shadow Stitching vs. Evolving

I feel like this has to have been ruled on dozens of times, but I can't find the answer, so... With Greninja BKP's Shadow Stitching, does the effect of the attack end for a Pokémon that evolves? For example, a Zorua evolves into Zoroark GX the turn after Shadow Stitching is used. Can it use...
Back