Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

About Worlds location

afstandopleren

I have never been to the Worlds before and very likely, never will without an Invite due to money issues.

However, I thought about the word Worlds and what I think it is. It's a Tournament with people coming from across the Globe to compete. Now would it be an idea for the Worlds to be held in Europe for example, every other year? That way, European players without an invite or money issues can come too....

I honestly don't know if this has been brought up before though I feel it has. But then I guess I've mist it.

The rest of the world is already going to America ever since the Worlds is held right? It could be held in Australia or wherever. That way, once every few years, people without an invite can go to Worlds that would not be able to otherwise.

So, yeah, I thought it was a good idea but what would America think of it. I know some Americans have complained about the new location of the Worlds being 'too far'..... Seriously!? >.> Atleast they are able to get there without Invite and prolly won't have to pay as much as people from other parts of the world would have to to get there.

Last edited:
So does all of the players from Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Hong Kong, Japan and the rest of the APAC region. :p

QFT. =D

It would be fairer to players across the globe, but I don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon. Japan or Europe, it may be possible, because of the player base. But areas in Asia Pacific is very unlikely.

Still, it would be closer to you then when it is in America, right? But I don't know much about Malaysian transit and travel distances....

Since the USA owned PUI operates the World Championships and OP overall, I'd say it will be where the heads of PUI OP want it. It is cheaper to host this event (so far) in the USA. All the PUI staff are here. Most of the judging staff are here (which would have to be flown in overseas and housed, not a cheap cost). All the equipment is here, the displays are here, etc. This is all much cheaper to ship domestically than internationally. With the economy the way it is now. I dont see much adding to any budget in the near future (IMO). Also, when at least half of your playing base is in N. America....well.....you see what I mean.

Now, on a personal side, I would enjoy traveling around to see more of the world. Maybe there will be a Euro based championship on the horizon. I just dont see it happening in the next 2 years IMO.

Keith

PS This comes up every year before the actual location for the next yrs worlds is revealed at Worlds.

That explains quite a lot Lawman. Still, about what stuff are we talking that needs to be flown over in case there would be a Worlds somewhere else?

all the prize support for league and main event, banners, tablecloths, inflatables, computers; the dozens and dozens of pallets of participant bag contents, store merchandise, participant/staff attire, product for prereleases...and that's just off the top of my head...

'mom

Just based off what I saw at Nationals (and I didn't get to see everything), there's easily a semi worth of stuff that they never intend to give out (posters, banners, statues, blowups, clocks, table numbers, bilboards, etc), and probably another semi worth of stuff that they give out (product, mostly).

So maybe a few things will be missing if it's held over here due to money and shipping issues, that would not make it a lesser Worlds? (What's so rare about table cloths? I'm sorry if it sounds dorky but I've never been to a Worlds.)

The table cloths actually have play areas on them. They are also color coordinated for age groups.

Keith

And worlds is not a World Championship without the AMAZING presentation we get. Those tablecloths and everything else go a LONG way to making the whole thing simply amazing.

So even if we can't get those exact stuff when it's held elsewhere, other stuff can be used to give a great presentation...right? I mean...clothes aren't exactly hard to transport...right?

But a bottom line is, I need to get myself an invite to experience your Worlds personally before delving into this deeper? (I'm honestly kinda annoyed by that. It feels like a denied experience because of the whole costs and transport thingy)

im an aussie the only time i want to go 2 worlds is if i earned it:thumb:

_______________________________________________________________________________________
NEON GENISIS EVANGELION 1 of the BEST anime EVER

Back