Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Chaw - States $300 Travel Awards Do Not Pass Down

meganium45

CHAW - STATES $300 TRAVEL AWARDS DO NOT PASS DOWN.

JUST RELEASED BY PUI.

YOU WIN MORE THAN ONE STATE, THE TRAVEL AWARD DOES NOT PASS DOWN TO THE 2nd PLACE PLAYER!!

So you win 2, you have $300 burned. One player does not get more than one travel award, but there will be NO travel award for the state where the player won 2.

I can here the crying already.

The moral of the story is...be good enough to win it outright.

Watch out MS .... HERE I COME!!!

M45

Wow that's a hard choice if you have the opportunity at a 2nd State Title. Give up the chance at Title & Trophy so another person can go to Origins or Go for the Title??

"I'll take the bigger booster prize, you take the $300 & trophy. Sound fair?"

har, har, har. LIke I'll actually GO to more than 1 SC...

Wow. This is unexpected. :eek:

Now I have to feel bad for beating out all those people to collect extra trophies. :tongue:

j/k

Prof. Chris....Don't you remember....they don't give out trophies for Mr. 2nd place!@! :) Anyway, looks like the SOTG would dictate a split of prizes, but let the player who hasnt won a $300 travel award to get it (unless they tell you up front they wont be going...then it is pokebattle ON!)

Keith

Lawman said:
Prof. Chris....Don't you remember....they don't give out trophies for Mr. 2nd place!@! :) Anyway, looks like the SOTG would dictate a split of prizes, but let the player who hasnt won a $300 travel award to get it (unless they tell you up front they wont be going...then it is pokebattle ON!)

Keith
You think you're real funny, duncha? :tongue:

I plan on winning one. Yes, atleast one! >_<

"Mr. Second Place" is so last season. I've already won one of each pre-release this season and one City. So things are looking up! And if this trend continues...everyone knows there is only one Worlds! :biggrin:

Last edited:
meganium45 said:
The moral of the story is...be good enough to win it outright.

The moral of the story really should be once you win a State Championship be big enough to not play in any more and let others have the oppertunity to win.

To some people though, winning multiple state championships can mean more than just the prizes. It is tough enough to win one state championships but to win TWO? That really says something about how skilled a player you are, granted I think anyone would feel bad for taking away a travel award once they already won one. Does this mean that trips to worlds will not pass down as well? We must see.

Well I would definetely frown upon anybody that wont concede. I think it is very selfish to stop the other person.

Kevin

Why frown, if they have the skill to win they should be able to. So your saying that a player should concede just becase they are "too" good of a player? As far as I know you are not even allowed to split prizes in exchange for one player conceding.

Personally if I were to get second place and the person conceded to me I would automatically give them the trophy. After all they earned that. But a waste of 300 bucks isnt right.

Kevin

Last edited:
Ice'Cold said:
Why frown, if they have the skill to win they should be able to. So your saying that a player should concede just becase they are "too" good of a player? As far as I know you are not even allowed to split prizes in exchange for one player conceding.

Hehe, if one player concedes, I believe the two players work out the prizes... But I'm pretty sure PUI doesn't do anything like splitting the prizes for the final two...

I was a little "greedy" so to say in CC but I doubt I would stop anyone from trying to go to Origin. I, myself, would like to FINALLY go to Origin. (I was able to last summer but stupid family reunions JK)

Overall, I believe that many people would concede if they have already won a state, and are in there 2nd State finals... Than the two players work out the prizes among themselves...

~~~Tracy Cho~~~

What im saying is could that be considered bribery? Under the rules you are not allowed to offer your opponent ANYTHING in exchange for them conceding before the match has been decided.

Ice'Cold said:
What im saying is could that be considered bribery? Under the rules you are not allowed to offer your opponent ANYTHING in exchange for them conceding before the match has been decided.

Here's the deal...

A typical (NOTE: TYPICAL!!!) good spirited person would concede to give another a chance at Origin/Nationals. At least for the experiance and pleasure of the 4 day pass. It's a game people, don't have to be so cut-throat (like me :biggrin: Jk)

Someone who has just been in the finals, and finds out that his/her opponent has conceded would normally offer some of his/her prizes... Unless he/she is really greedy about the prizes, or really needs it...

If you play the game out, and you win that states than you're really going to feel guilty afterwards (I know... 4 CC medals, really guilty.)

Yes you aren't suppose to offer anything to your opponent, but if you know the afterwash of quilt or symphathy you'll feel, you'll be a good sport and let another person the ability for an easier trip to national/origin.

~~~Tracy Cho~~~

Ice'Cold said:

But Adam, under the rules is the Spirit of the Game code...

In this case, Spirit of the Game>>>>Bribery. If a previous winner is about to win the game, but instead scoops and lets his opponent win, if he/she demands, say, the state trophy in exchange for this act, then the sportsmanship coming from this individual far outweighs the "bribery" he or she "requires."

Like stated by many in the past, Spirit of the Game is somewhat vague, but here's a situation where its unclear meaning helps all people involved!

Last edited:
I'm going to four states. Do the trophies have the name of the winner engraved upon them?
I'd think it would work if the person had already won one state...let the other play win but keep the boosters/trophy.

Last edited:
Last year, they sent us plate to stick onto the trophy. Didnt arrive for quite some time though. I didnt even expect to get it.

Last edited:
Back