Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

jimu and Sabu

Blitzer

Forgive me if this was already posted, I don't go on the gym as much as I used to :p

Anyway, I was scrolling through scans, and saw this:

Bad Team’s Jimu and Sabu – Supporter

Flip a coin, if heads choose 3 cards from your opponent’s hand without looking. Then, look at those cards, return them to your opponent’s deck and shuffle the deck.

You can only use one Supporter card during your turn.

68/69

Any thoughts about ti? I don't know what to think.

It can be used with Salamence DS but honestly most decks live off of the field late game. and it really is only usable later on once you set up your field. Still, the coin flip is the main reason it's a pretty bad card.

I don't see it being played too often, but i do find it interesting. I'd either play it in a deck that doesn't need to play draw/search supporters each turn to set up and/or in a deck who's entire strategy is disruption. If you do play it and hit heads it'll be great as absolutely no one will see it coming.

I would never play a supporter card that does nothing in 50 % of the cases.

Although it is bad, l still fear the card, cause it prefers luck over skill, and you could easily lose against a lucky opponent with a troll deck. =/

I would never play a supporter card that does nothing in 50 % of the cases.

Although it is bad, l still fear the card, cause it prefers luck over skill, and you could easily lose against a lucky opponent with a troll deck. =/

Double Smeargle with Skyarrow is still a good way to avoid getting trolled... Your oppenent is going to cry, when he flips heads and the card still wasn't worth it.

Sablelock played a supporter similar to this one, although it flipped 2 coins and you could choose the cards to suffle back into the deck. With the help of Sableye (Getting to use that supporter before oppenent was able to do anything was really worth it, if you were lucky and could destroy his whole set-up. Getting to use it after your regular Supporter, with some Power Sprays in your hand, was also pretty awesome.)

Imagine 4 Smeargle, Skyarrow, and something fast and powerful like Tornadus (EX), with Lost Remover and Crushing Hammer (Probably Weavile too).
That could be troll AND really awesome combined with Jimu and Sabu. ;D

Just a though.
Darkmot.

P.S.: THAT'S QUITE SCARY:

3 Smeargle
3 Weavile
4 Sneasel
2 Tornadus
2 Tornadus EX
2 Slowking
2 Slowpoke
-18-

4 Dual Ball
2 Level Ball
3 Gear
4 PONT
4 Juniper
3 Bianca
3 Jimu & Sabu
2 Switch
2 Skyarrow Bridge
3 Junk Arm
2 Lost Remover
-32-

4 DCE
6 Darkness
-10-

In the end, I think, there's definitly going to be a new kind of lockdeck ;D

Last edited:
Card should read: "Choose 2 cards from your opponent's hand without looking. Then, look at those cards, return them to your opponent’s deck and shuffle the deck."

Less flippy, and still not a really great card, but not complete trash either. The reason I want the card to do that instead is because. We need less luck in the game. The game is already very luck based. We don't need more luck based cards. Less luck, more skill, please.

Sableye SF + fliptini = 75% chance (if only) haha

This is why I wouldn't write the card off just yet. It still has potential in future sets if we get an attack that lets us use a Supporter somehow (like Jirachi RR or Sableye SF). Then you can potentially play this card twice in one turn, and once with Fliptini!

Card should read: "Choose 2 cards from your opponent's hand without looking. Then, look at those cards, return them to your opponent’s deck and shuffle the deck."

Less flippy, and still not a really great card, but not complete trash either. The reason I want the card to do that instead is because. We need less luck in the game. The game is already very luck based. We don't need more luck based cards. Less luck, more skill, please.

Or better yet

"Choose 1 card from your opponent's hand without looking and name a card type. Look at that card. If you chose the right card type, pick 1 more card from your opponents hand and shuffle the cards you chose into their deck."

This way, 1 card is always sent back to the deck but there is a chance to always send 2 back.

Weavlile + Ambipom + this supporter = :eek::eek::eek:

A potential discard of 6, you could potentialy discard their whole hand :eek::eek: maybe with slowking, cheerleader's cheer/N and this aswell:

Devolution Spray - Trainer

Choose one of your Evolved Pokemon, then remove the top evolution card from that Pokemon. Return that Evolution card to your hand. (The Devolved Pokemon cannot evolve this turn.)

You can use any number of Trainer cards during your turn.

Last edited:
This card really feels like tempting fate... from a game design standpoint. There isn't much ground between "useless" and "broken" for it.

I mean, remember when it first came out?

I wonder if Lass will be re-released as a Supporter at this rate?

Then again, after thinking about it, perhaps this is what the game needs, shockingly enough. How many current decks would be devastated even going first and getting nailed by a successful use of this card? Could it actually provide an incentive to slow the game down a bit so that when your opponent hit you with this, you just needed to get your Supporting Evolution w/built in draw power up? Or even in an otherwise "fast" deck, throw up a Basic with a good "draw" attack to recover... which in turn buys an attack free turn for the user of the disruption?

Last edited:
Sharpedo's to weak in these times, as Ampiobom is too. You need a constant attacker, that doesn't rely on locking the oppenent. For meall this basic pokelons are just perfect for a deck like this. You need fast and cheap attackers, that can survive at least for two turns to keep up with prizes.
With Smeargle you have a good chance to get out easy and can look at your oppenents hand too... Combine that with weavile and the supporter and it can be quite effecktive ;D
Posted with Mobile style...

I have mixed feelings about this card. I mean a supporter that works half the time is just nasty for the players playing it. This card can end up being just like Pokemon Reversal in terms of uselessness and brokenness. I don't think these card designers learn from past mistakes.

Back