Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mountain West Regionals - Colorado Springs - 4/8/06

SteveP

We're very excited to announce that Colorado has been selected to hold the Pokemon Mountain West Regionals 2006. Details will be announced here within the next few days.

***** Up-to-date Tournament Info *****
(so you don't have to scroll through the posts)

Date/Time:

Saturday, April 8, 2006
8:30-10:00am Registration & Deck Check
10:30am Tournament Start

Place:

Holiday Inn Express
1855 Aeroplaza Drive (off Fountain Blvd)
Colorado Springs, CO

Organizer point-of-contact:

Dwayne Simmons
Dale'z Kardz & Komicz
[email protected]

Last edited:
YES!!!! TOO AWESOME!

That is so cool! Give Dwayne my congrats on that! I bet we can make this one a tournament to truly shake the Rockies that our locals along with the rest of the region can provide!

Date/Time:

April 8, 2006
8:30-10:00am Registration & Deck Check
10:30am Tournament Start

Place:

Holiday Inn Express
1855 Aeroplaza Drive (off Fountain Blvd)
Colorado Springs, CO

Organizer point-of-contact:

Dwayne Simmons
Dale'z Kardz & Komicz
[email protected]

Steve - why don't you also edit this info into the 1st post. I'll link this topic to the new sticky ;-).

Do we have a range of dates for Regionals yet? The press release indicated May was Regionals month...

Hey Steve, don't cha mean the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites and not the Holiday Inn Express which is right next to it? I mean isn't the conference rooms in the bigger one?

MysteriousKristy said:
Hey Steve, don't cha mean the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites and not the Holiday Inn Express which is right next to it? I mean isn't the conference rooms in the bigger one?
Yah, I suppose? Everything's basically all together on the same complex. I'll get the phone number from Dwayne and post it above for anyone interested in staying there.

Weedler said:
No, Adrian. They heard you were coming and are now to scared to show.

Anyone else juding?
Yes, I plan on judging. This is going to be an event that the region will never forget, that I'm sure of. I'm just glad that we got the slot this year. Maybe it's because we had like 4-5 City Championships here in Colorado, along with a rapid growing attendance at our leagues :lol:

ColdFire64 said:
Yes, I plan on judging. This is going to be an event that the region will never forget, that I'm sure of. I'm just glad that we got the slot this year. Maybe it's because we had like 4-5 City Championships here in Colorado, along with a rapid growing attendance at our leagues :lol:
well you better have asked for the time off already so you cant use it for an excuse. guess you arent planning on going to nationals if you arent playing in this

PokeMontoya said:
well you better have asked for the time off already so you cant use it for an excuse. guess you arent planning on going to nationals if you arent playing in this
You guessed right. I got time off for States (which I'll be playing in) and I'll judge regionals if they still have a spot open for me. I know Steve asked me to judge and Dwayne told Ron to bring 3 of his best judges, so I guess you can say that I'm highly likely to get the judge slot. I'd like to play in this, but since I love judging so much, I'd rather be a part of the fun. I do not plan on going to NATs, but preparations are underway to going to Worlds '06 for sure!!

Dwayne will be finalizing the judging/recording staffing for this event shortly. The only definates he has right now are:

- Steve
- Ron
- Chris (if he can get time off)
- Adrian
- Patricia (from AZ)
- Jesus (from NM)
- Craig (side-events, I think)

Dwayne is still waiting to hear from Andrea in UT who gets a shot at any open slot she wants.

Tomorrow, I'll talk to Dwayne to see if he's ready to finalize the staffing. I'll post here afterwards.

PS. There may be others helping with things like registration, deck checks, minor things. Judging and recording responsibilities are pretty much full right now.

Back