Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

UK REGIONALS (aka States) Rumours and Facts

NoPoke

29th March looks like we will get an official announcement on Reading real soon. 9th April is confirmed probably at the Winersh Community Centre near Reading.

22nd march still no official announcement but some TOs have got their act together and sanctioned their tournaments well in advance.

=======CONFIRMED============

PRIZE STRUCTURE

• Invite for top 8 in each age group to Nationals. invites pass down if already qualified
  • Pikachu bag full of goodies for the winner in each age group
  • Boosters for top 8
  • POP promo for everyone
  • Machoke promo card for everyone
  • States pin for everyone
  • Cool winner's trophy http://www.southeastchallenge.com/images/pics/trophy.jpg

ADDITIONAL GOODIES
  • LONDON - hey its a SEChallenge too so there guaranteed to be lots of extras
  • BOURNEMOUTH - Nintendo DSes to play and battle - wireless multiplay anyone

=======SPECULATION===========

Lots of talk about a DUBLIN event...

As of this writing ( March 7th) there has been no official announcement on the locations or prize structure for the UK states events. I expect that it will be announced soon as some dates and locations are still being finalised.

So for now this is mostly speculation...

LOCATIONS

Almost guaranteed
  • FALKIRK 24th April
  • EXETER but the date and time look very odd March 17th?????

Uncertain
  • DUBLIN

IDLE SPECULATION

With invites passing down it seems likely that at some of the regionals/states everyone who attends will end up with an invite to nationals. Now that is definately speculation LOL and highly appropriate for this thread LOL

demoted Norwich as the rumor mill has gone awfully quiet about Norwich.

Last edited:
I can confirm that London State (regional) will be happening on 23rd April 2005.
I am just awaiting bullet proof confirmation of the venue but looks likely to be close to Euston Station.

Doors will open at 10am for tournament registration and side events will be available from then. Tournament start 11am with a 6pm(ish) finish time.

POP Prize Packages will be for top 8 in each age group and it is likely we will run age seperated as long as we have the numbers to do so.

The winners will get a "STATE CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY" these will not be engraved by TPfG or POP but we may get them engraved for the winners.

There will be a variety of side events, the SE Challenge Lucky Dip will make an appearance, there will be extra prizes for all players and prizes for the best "bling" deck, sportmanship and furthest travelled.

London State is go .. check out next months Pokemon World for details.

made London one of the Almost Guaranteed :grin:

Most bling eh? that would be any deck with 4x RH TV Reporter.

Last edited:
That will be most foils but also most creatively done .. Judges decision .. extra points for those FOIL Matrix Energy .. mmmm shiney shiney shiney ..

Last edited:
Originally Posted by NoPoke
Probably not going to happen
  • Brighton
Hmm how nice, people don't have faith in me :frown:. Just watch out NoPoke, i'm phoning around for a CHEAP venue that i can afford at the moment. The new Brighton library opened on the 3/3/05 and hoping i can get in there. It should be changed from Probably not going to happen to almost certain :smile:

I'd like to see a Brighton event too, but the clock is ticking on finalising states locations.

The hardest part of any TO's job is finding the venue and it has taken myself and John the best part of 4 months between us to get one in London that we can afford and that is appropriate.

Finally this week it has all come together.. for Brighton I too hope it happens and the Library sounds a great idea lets hope you pull it off Stephen .. :)

Last edited:
Okay the latest from TPfG is that they are working with Jarrod and POP International to ensure that we get as WOW prize support as the US. There maybe some problems with availability of States Prizes but I hear we have some very special goodies lined up for us so please wait before assuming it's all CC repeats...

I can't guarantee what we'll get and neither can TPfG yet but I know Colin and he will be working hard with Jarrod to get us some wow.. watch for details :)

Jane tells me that Russel told her that TPfg are okay with a BOURNEMOUTH regional. Third hand knowledge ;) just what is needed for this thread at the moment *grin*

Bournemouth State Chempionship Confirmed!

Sunday 10 APRIL - 10:00 Doors Open - 11:00 Tournament Start
Venue: Highcliff Marriott, St Michaels Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH2 5DU

Nintendo may also be supporting this event - I hope they are sending Nintendo DS units for a Pokemon Dash side event!

Bling not required!

Good News and Bad News.... first the

BAD NEWS said:
there will be no states promos, pins, or states trophies at the UK STATES tournaments

then the

GOOD NEWS said:
TPFG have arranged for Gym Challenge and Stadium Challenge materials to be available instead

its still a rumor but a big reliable sleepy pokemon tells me its true.

Last edited:
The State Championships have nearly all been confirmed, with only Ireland still outstanding, the dates and locations are below:-

Location Date
Reading 09 April
Bournemouth 10 April
Falkirk 24 April
Norwich 24 April
London 23 April
Manchester 10 April
Exeter 17 April
Dublin TBC
Remember these are the State championships, not the City Champs, with lots of extra cool prizes and promotional cards available you would be foolish to miss them.

From the TPFG weekly newsletter.

~fK

as far as i know, the falkirk states are taking place on april 24th. usual venue and times apply, i'll confirm this as soon as i can.

Back