Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Worlds invite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldnt it be the same as always?
top 25 in north america at the end of the season and top 8 at us nats all get invites and then all of the other places get the same invites as usual??

Top 40?? Ive only been playing for a year but i know it was top 25 last year. and that top 4 at nats got a paid trip but top 8 got an invite

Last year was Top 40, no passdowns, plus I believe T4 or T8 US Nationals. Not going into International, take too long.

Before that, it was Top 25, plus passdowns, plus either T4 or T8 US Nationals.

The year before, it was T25, passdowns, announced T8, became T32 Masters b/c of some random things at Nationals.

Last year was Top 40, no passdowns, plus I believe T8 US Nationals. Not going into International, take too long.

Before that, it was Top 25, plus passdowns, plus either T8 US Nationals.

The year before, it was T25, passdowns, announced T8, became T32 Masters b/c of some random things at Nationals.

Here is what is on the OP Premier Rating FAQ (updated Oct 6, 2010) regarding Invits and passdowns.

OP Premier Ratings FAQ said:
Premier Ratings and Worlds

The Pokémon Company International, and Play! Pokémon will award a small number of invitations to the Pokémon TCG World Championships. These invitations are based on "Rating Zones" encompassing several countries. These invites will be awarded after the last Play! Pokémon-approved Premier Rated event has been run in each Zone.

OP Premier Ratings FAQ said:
Invitation "Pass Down" Awards

When the Organized Play staff calculates the final ratings for a given Zone, that rating will be checked against the invited players list. If a player who has already earned an invitation is ranked highly enough to receive a Premier Ratings invite, that invitation will be "passed down" to the next unqualified player from that same Zone. This does not mean, for example, that if a Canadian player who is top ranked in North America already has an invitation, the next Canadian player would be selected. Rather, the next unqualified player from that Zone (from the U.S., Canada, or Mexico, in this case) would be selected.

if this holds true, they are reinstating passdowns this year, but an unknown number of invites. Although there is also this notice at the top of the document "Information subject to change"

Last year was Top 40, no passdowns, plus I believe T4 or T8 US Nationals. Not going into International, take too long.

Before that, it was Top 25, plus passdowns, plus either T4 or T8 US Nationals.

When I played my group had to grind in and half of us made it in hopefully it won't be too like it was then . Since i didn't get back into the game until cities was over.

This year if your going to try to grind into masters will be tough since alot of players in CA. You probably will need a undefeated/X-1 with good resistance to get in.

This year if your going to try to grind into masters will be tough since alot of players in CA. You probably will need a undefeated/X-1 with good resistance to get in.

I think x-2 made it in the worlds i played in but also it was one of the first worlds event titled so maybe now its a lot more strict on the amount of players allowed in.

Guess it will be like last year. They wanted to test how it works with increased cut but without passdowns, but it was impossible to get proper results last year cause of the expensive location. However, I'd be fine with that.

I think x-2 made it in the worlds i played in but also it was one of the first worlds event titled so maybe now its a lot more strict on the amount of players allowed in.
In San Diego there will be a lot more players in the Grinder than in Hawaii. 2009 most of the people who grinded in were X-1 iirc.

Guess it will be like last year. They wanted to test how it works with increased cut but without passdowns, but it was impossible to get proper results last year cause of the expensive location. However, I'd be fine with that.

In San Diego there will be a lot more players in the Grinder than in Hawaii. 2009 most of the people who grinded in were X-1 iirc.

The worlds i went too was in Orlando its was pretty insane of how many people were there.

Orlando was hard the rooms were so warm. I was jsut ready for the event to be over at the end, I think I was more tired after that one the Anehim, Califonira one that lasted 9 rounds and ended at 2:00 AM (best tournament of all time by the way, nothing will ever top that grinder)

Orlando was hard the rooms were so warm. I was jsut ready for the event to be over at the end, I think I was more tired after that one the Anehim, Califonira one that lasted 9 rounds and ended at 2:00 AM (best tournament of all time by the way, nothing will ever top that grinder)

9hours geez i don't remember out grinder being that long.

Here is what is on the OP Premier Rating FAQ (updated Oct 6, 2010) regarding Invits and passdowns.

if this holds true, they are reinstating passdowns this year, but an unknown number of invites. Although there is also this notice at the top of the document "Information subject to change"

Sorry folks, that is not the current info. We will have the real deal up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back