Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

NFL Playoff Talk UPDATE 3 (AFC/NFC Championships!!!)

GinoLombardi21

UPDATE 3

This week is the AFC and NFC CHAMPIONSHIPS!
This will determine the two teams going to the SUPERBOWL!!!
We got the perfect new england patriots facing the fired up san diego bolts!
Then you got the last manning standing w/ the giants battling the superbowl hungry packers!

AFC Championship:

The New England Patriots vs. the San Diego Chargers!

NFC Championship:

The New York Giants vs. the Green Bay Packers!

Interesting Facts: Alot of football critics are turning into fans of Phillip Rivers and Eli Manning because of their performances in the playoffs so far. More people are believing the packers & the patriots will both be upsetted this weekend. The Giants are 9-1 on the road and perform better on the road while the bolts are looking for vengeance to put the pats in there place where they should have been last year. Lots of bad blood between teams in these Championship game. Its all about the ticket to the superbowl. Who do you think will win? Do you think their will be upsets? Anything interesting going on the nfl right now playoff or non-playoff related? DISCUSS!

My picks right now:
Gmen >> Packers
Pats = Chargers (I really cant determine this game, I think the chargers will step up and make this a down to wire close game)

UPDATE 2

AFC:

The Indianapolis Colts at Home vs. San Diego Chargers
The New England Patriots at Home vs. Jacksonville Jaguers

NFC:
The Green Bay Packers at Home vs. Seattle Seahawks
The Dallas Cowboys at Home vs. NEW YORK GIANTS

My picks at the moment is
COLTS>>>>Chargers
Patriots>>>Jags
Packers>>Hawks
Gmen>Cowboys

Thoughts of any games coming up? Predictions/Oppinions? Marvin Harrison Talk? TO update on his injury?
GO COLTS!!! GO BLUE!!! COME ON!!!

Joe's Diners Latest NFL Commercials - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1Xvsm2JiLA

For many of you who aren't familiar with the Joe's Diner commercials. The commercial is about average people spending their everyday lives eating food at this diner. The cool thing is their all football fans of a different team. So yea...right there it's already interesting. For more info on this just go to www.nfl.com/joes

UPDATE 1

So here is the stands right now for the NFL

AFC

The San Diego Chargers vs. Tennessee Titans
The Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Pittsburgh Steelers

NFC

The Washington Redskins vs. Seattle Seahawks
The New York Giants vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

My picks are:

Chargers>>>>Titans
Jags>>>Steelers
Redskins>>Seahawks
Giants>Buccs

With this being said the Patriots,Colts, Packers, and Cowboys would jump into the mix after those 4 teams to faceoff. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Chargers -- As long as LT gets 25 touches, the Boltz will win.

Jags -- They steamrolled the Steelers earlier, and they'll do it again.

Bucs -- They're not playing in New York, they've got a good defense, and Eli folds under pressure.

I can't pick the last game. Based on talent alone, the Hawks take it. But, the Skins are riding a HUGE emotional high right now, and I can't see them coming down from it any time soon. If the Hawks win, they will beat the Slack. If the Skins win, they will lose to the Boys.

AFC

The San Diego Chargers vs. Tennessee Titans
The Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Pittsburgh Steelers

NFC

The Washington Redskins vs. Seattle Seahawks
The New York Giants vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Chargers> Titans
Jags>Steelers
Redskins>Seahawks
Giants>Bucs

Cowboys>Skins
Packers>Giants
Jags>Pats
Colts>Chargers

Cowboys>Packers
Jags>Colts

Jags>Cowboys

Chargers> Titans
Jags>Steelers
Seahawks>Redskins
Giants>Bucs

Cowboys>Seahawks
Packers>Giants
Pats>Jags
Chargers>Colts

Cowboys>Packers
Pats>Chargers

Pats>Cowboys

If the Hawks win, they'll face the Slack, no matter what happens in the other game.

here we go!!!

I have a great prediction!!

First Round

Giants over the Bucs.
Redskins over the Seahawks.
Jaguars over the Steelers.
Chargers over the Titans.

Round Two

Cowboys over the Redskins
Packers over the Giants
Chargers over the Colts
Patriots over the Jaguars

NFC/AFC Championship Games

Packers over the Cowboys
Chargers over the Patriots

Superbowl

Packers over the Chargers

Seahawks win. They will beat the Slack next weekend.

Today? Boltz/Titans and Giants/Tampa. Boltz take it easily, just too much talent and too many injuries. Giants/Tampa is a little more interesting. I'm sticking with Tampa in this game cuz I don't like Eli and I think that he just can't turn it up in the playoffs.

My picks are:

Chargers>>>>Titans
Jags>>>Steelers
Redskins>>Seahawks
Giants>Buccs
So far if my titans win i'll be 3/4 on picks for my nfl playoff wildcard predictions. Eli has been on fireee as of late. If anybody has been watchin NFL Network. Peyton has been helping Eli alot in the off season and still is in the season. When the patriots took on the g-men in week 17 peyton and his father were at the stadium helping Eli get his head in the game. Sooner or later hopefully hill be almost as good as peyton. For now LETS GO TITANS!!!

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Im actually changing my pick from the TITANS > Chargers seeing Vince Young is playing and he's healthy.

Last edited:
OK, 3 for 4 for the weekend. Not bad. Let's try this week's games.

Indy over Boltz -- Peyton is too good. Rivers isn't on that level. He isn't even within 2 tiers of that level. LT is good, but he can be stopped. Both the Bears and the Titans have managed to stop him. Indy is just too talented and too experienced to lose to the Boltz. 35-28, Indy takes it.

Boys over Giants -- I'm still not sold on Eli Manning as a consistent Playoff caliber QB. Jacobs is a beast, and their new backup seems to be pretty good. But the Boys have just too much talent, especially once TO steps on the field. They are New England Lite, and they'll live up to that moniker this weekend. 28-24, Boys take it.

Pats over Jags -- This will probably be the most exciting game of the weekend. Both teams are very good, and they have strengths that counter the other's weaknesses. The Pats have a weak Run game, and the Jags stop the run very well. The Jags have an average deep threat, and the Pats have good corners and safeties. The Pats have an average and aging run defense, and the Jags have a bowling ball and a tank in their backfield. The Jags are average against the deep threat, and the Pats have Brady to Moss. I think that the best deep threat in the game today will overpower the controlled attack that the Jags love using. Pats win 37-21, but it will feel much closer than that score.

Seahawks over Slack -- The Slack are not that good. Plain and simple. They lost to the lowly Bears. Twice. The second time very convincingly. They proved that they can't win in bad weather conditions. Let's take a look at the forecast for the weekend from today. Saturday: 26 F, light snow showers, decent wind. Sunday: 25F, light snow, decent wind. Not the worst weather ever, but not great either. The Slack are something like 0-for or 1-for games played under the freezing point over the last 3 seasons. The Hawks are prepared, have a VERY underrated pass game, and a run game that's bound to step up at some point. Their D is swarming with a dominant MLB and a powerful line. Sound familiar? Same defense as the Chicago Bears. They also have a coach in Mike Holmgren that knows Brett Favre's tendencies and how to defend him well. Seahawks will win this game 19-13.

Back