Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Shiny pokemon

csblizzard93

the easiest way that i have found to get shiny pokemon is through international breeding. like my shiny loppuny ( used to be a buneary) i bread it's american mother with a japenese ditto and after about 20 eggs i got my shiny serious bunneary which i have evolved earlier today and gotten her a shiny leaf crown.:pokeball: send me messages if you like the info.

I have been playing this game for years. I have NEVER seen or gotten a shiny Pokemon. That's with international breeding, all the level grinding I do, nothing. I really got upset when my good friend played for two weeks and stumbled on a shiny Larvitar. Needless to say I was upset...

the easiest way that i have found to get shiny pokemon is through international breeding. like my shiny loppuny ( used to be a buneary) i bread it's american mother with a japenese ditto and after about 20 eggs i got my shiny serious bunneary which i have evolved earlier today and gotten her a shiny leaf crown.:pokeball: send me messages if you like the info.

The easiest way I have found to get shiny Pokemon is RNG reporter.

Sure, it's a lot of work to go through and get your SID, but once you have that... smooth sailing from there on out.

I've been lazy, but I've gotten a shiny Skarmory, Smeargle and Ralts through breeding. It's kinda fun.

Google RNG. As this is the Random Number Generator and can be used to manipulate the game to capture or breed the PERFECT Pokemon.
Bearing of course what Kayle said and you knowing your SID.

What you're essentially doing is timing yourself with Frames and Times and Dates and Delays to get a specific Pokemon

Last edited:
I have a hard time getting IVs right, it's a very difficult process... but getting nature, ability and shiny is pretty easy, and then you can just soft-reset without disrupting the other characteristics.

Getting your SID involves some unscrupulous activities, OR involves naturally catching a shiny and having RNG Reporter do some advanced math for you.

A couple months ago (November) i reset my SoulSilver to speed run it.
When soft-resetting for a max speed & Attack (13 Attack/11 Speed, Jolly) after about 1 hour, i had a shiny totodile.

The stats where ALRIGHT - but it was fun going through with a shiny starter. Best part about this, if it is shiny - it will show it is shiny in the preview when it asks if you want ??? pokemon.

I wonder how to find shinies in FRLG...

I only have FireRed at the moment, but it's pretty cool, despite the lack of competitive battling with it.

Well perhaps ask the question directly and somebody might answer :) As Ulti had said, RNG is the best way to get anything favorable in this game. Soft Resetting and breeding could take hours... at least RNGing takes up to an hour at most. I don't personally value shinnies as they don't do anything anymore... they just look cooler. Even so, when I find one, I'll chuck a masterball at it. ;)

For those wondering what RNGing is, it is basically playing the algorithm so that you have the exact situations you want to have the event you want to happen happen. This is not hacking as it does nothing to modify the game... just abuses a known algorithm. It does, however, take a lot of time to learn and effort to carry out.

Also, if you still have DPPt on hand, chaining up to 40 or more on the pokeRadar (I call it PokeDar), you will get chain shinnies in a row. Much less learning than RNG, but a lot of frustration may come when that evil Bidoof breaks your chain.

Sorry to say, but FRLG is near impossible to RNG legally. I believe the starting state is written into the save file, so you're resetting from a different point every time you save. The work involved in one FRLG RNG abuse is massive. DPPt or Emerald is much easier.

I found a Shiny Slowpoke in the HG/SS Safari Zone.

It is now a Bold, Own Tempo, EV Trained Slowbro with 31 SpA Ivs.

I wish they were that color. :|

I have a shiny Glaceon named Noir. I also named the little Glaceon figure I take with me to tournaments Noir. She is my mascot and #1 fan.

And only fan for that matter :thumb:

Im just kidding.

I have played almost every game 300+ hours, and have never seen a shiny.

The 1st shiny I had found was on my LG and it was a shiny Ponyta...it was AWESOME.

I only wish it could be around today. :)

The easiest way I have found to get shiny Pokemon is RNG reporter.

Sure, it's a lot of work to go through and get your SID, but once you have that... smooth sailing from there on out.

I've been lazy, but I've gotten a shiny Skarmory, Smeargle and Ralts through breeding. It's kinda fun.

This. So far with help from the RNG I've caught or hatched these shinies (in no particular order).

Mewtwo, Darkrai, Shaymin, Palkia, Ho-oh, Zapdos x2 , Suicune, Cresselia, Regigigas, Regice, Regirock, Registeel, Azelf, Uxie, Smeargle, Nincada, Phione, Skoropi, Yanma, Pichu, Gible, Igglybuff, Aerodactyl, Ralts, Togepi, Shroomish, Scyther, Combee, Rattata and Bidoof.

And I've found these random shinies over the years (in order of being caught).

Wurmple, Smeargle, Octillery, Wingull, Starly and Gastly.

My brother was playing diamond and the game glithched and guess what shiny pokemon came out to battle.

CHARMANDER!!!It was crazy he didn't cheat the game glitched we watched him catch it.

^You sure it's a legit game? That sounds REALLY suspect...

I've been playing the video games since Red/Blue. In all that time, I have stumbled across a grand total of 3 shinies. A Krabby in Silver that I killed because I thought it was a glitch, (Ah, childhood :/) a Starly in Pearl that is now my RNG breeding game, and a shiny Litwick in White. :) The Litwick was really a surprise... It was my first encounter in Tower of Heaven, so I didn't even know it was shiny since I missed the sparkle. :p I caught it, then ran into a second... and went... HEY! XD That would have been the time to be doing a Nuzlocke run, but sadly I wasn't.

Back