Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The future of pokemon...

Benzo

Front Page News Editor<br>Forum Moderator
OK- What is the future of Pokemon Games? I think this thread would be nice for everyone to express their ideas of what would be new or an improvement to the current games.

I will start:

It would be nice to see Dunsparce evolve!
5th gen. Pokemon
an ice/electric type Pokemon.

So, express your ideas- who knows, maybe those ideas may become a part of future Pokemon games!

^ yes, definitly a yes on that one. Like a "community" wi-fi room where you can hang out and battle/trade.

Be able to battle random people online w/o a friend code (a match-making system).

they do have this on the wii.

but i really hope they just add a few evo's and no more legends. i miss the good old days when you got 5 at the most. but i really hope they stop making so many new pokemon. it was the thing that seperated digimon from pokemon other than the talking, but if it gets up to 1000 it will just be about the same pokemon who look the same and will lose all diversity that it has already beginning to lose

I would like that pokemon's had 4 attacks like in the games with many different kind of options to do, for example : a cyndaquil who requires a fire energy to deal 20 and discard the energy, or another attack that requires a fire and a colorless to deal 20 without drawbacks. Other thing i would like to see in the energy requirements is that physical attacks like " tackle " , " pound " , " slash " need only colorless and special attacks like flamethrower need energy of the type the pokemon is, in the example of flamethrower fire energy. With these implements only apply resistance when the pokemon is using special attacks, nobody can take less damage because a lightning pokemon does tackle :/

Sorry for bad english

It would be sweet to have a storyline that is completely new. I am not sure how this would work but no badges or anything. Battling for a new reason altogether

I would like to see a pokemon game for a concel that is like the hand held games. Also make it were insted of being in one place you'll be able to go to all of the different reguns. So that it would be a bigger game not one of these 10 to 25 hour games and your done with the story I would like there to be more of a story line behind a game not just get badges and beat a few people then your done that gets old.

How about a pokemon game where the battling style is similar to Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts series. I mean, I'd love to play as a Gallade or Machamp and walk around the battle field trying to land an attack on the opponent while the opponent also moves around and tries to hit you as well. That'd be awesome. It could be something like "Press the B button to use Brick Break" or something like that.
~Cyber~

How about a pokemon game where the battling style is similar to Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts series. I mean, I'd love to play as a Gallade or Machamp and walk around the battle field trying to land an attack on the opponent while the opponent also moves around and tries to hit you as well. That'd be awesome. It could be something like "Press the B button to use Brick Break" or something like that.
~Cyber~

Make the battles in real time, almost completely scrap the old battle system, add dodge options, etc.

I would love to scrap the old battle system. Every other RPG did and they turned out great. A random wifi mode like PBR's but with better rules. a stronger Pidgeot or moves that it can only get. A better story. I say they can do away with the badge system and play some 21 year old guy who is part of the FBI to finally stop 'games new team here'. You know, make the game awesome.

Oh, I can put a team together and make this game. No new Pokemon or nothing. All official stuff. Even add a character maker so you play a person you want and make it compatible with the DS games.

I would like to see them add more to the eeveelutions so that they become 1 step closer to having an evolution of every type. The next two or three types I would like to see are: Normal, Dragon, Flying.

everyone know pokemon have 3 stage except legends and become kind of pointless to add a 4th since most are getting to powerful as it is.

@Pyro Entite
they almost did on the gamecube but i don't think it was to popular, and as bad as it sounds it would not work to well on the console just because of the simple nature of the game since its oriented for kids. but it would be sweet for them to drop the extra's and add all the regions instead of just one, or 2 if you start in johto. but that is the whole premise of the pokemon world is to battle people and get badges. they even tried using the horrible contest battles. but thats all pokemon is, to battle and collect pokemon. if you want storylines go play on the gamecube or play pokemon ranger

@MAP

again for this live action thing that would ruin the pokemon game, pokemon ranger was set up for this type of thing, or mystery dungeon

There are things like Castform who does not yet have a sandstorm form, and as far as Rotom goes, you can not use it's different forms in the tower. I think that some of the game mechanics could use a little bit of a make over in some areas- like making it easier to EV train. And also, I think that there should bring back the secret bases so you can battle for experiance points.

^ lol- MEANT IV- so used to explaining to others on how to ev train! Yes, a better way to obtain the right iv's.
EV training is so easy, even a cave Pokemon can do it-

^ no kidding. My first ev trained Pokemon was a Salamance, and it was cool to see the att-stat go +75 on a lvl up.
now I am trying to perfect the iv issue............ not so fun......should be easier-

Although I gotta say, I usually am ev training while browsing 'gym or playing some other game and I once lost count of how many starly's I had decimated/destroyed/conquered and accidentally trained 255 speed EVs. took sooooo long to correct this mistake. I almost always lose count of the numbers every time too, lol.

~Cyber~

Try Pokemon Rumble out for Wii. It is similar to what our are talking about.

I get what you are saying Smack but I thank it would be cool if they did come out with a pokemon game were you are a trainer and when you get into a battle you have just that area to fight in and you get to control you poke like a preson. Thats what I hope for every time they made a new pokemon game like statum. But in less a real poke fan gets to be a game designer and work with game freaks I don't thank we'll see some of that cool ideas we have placed into the game in the neer future.

Back