Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Woot! It got announced!!! (Nintendo DSi)

maddox23

Alright, a new DS to play Platinum on! It features a built in Digital Camera, Music playback capabilities and improved WiFi capatibility. This is very cool. More coming later.

It got rumored. Nikkei had no proof, and I'm not sure they were responding to more than a rumor they heard. I doubt we're getting a new DS with all of those capabilities for less than $200 anytime soon.

There's an article on Pokebeach about the new DS system. I guess Nintendo is trying to appeal to American teenagers with the new model since they've seem too "family Friendly" lately.
~Cyber~

This rumor was posted on a Japanese business news website. They didn't have any sources and no one else has even gotten a crumb of this news. It has yet to be officially announced in any capacity. Nintendo's last word on the rumor was that the DS Lite was nowhere near the end of it's life cycle.

Considering the cell phone tech in Japan beats ours to a pulp, I don't think Nintendo is marketing to American Teenagers, but everyone that would be buying consumer electronics.

The improved WiFi capability is probably just an upgrade in security protocols, since the DS and DS Lite do not offer newer wireless security protocols, but the Wii does. The built in browser is also somewhat suspicious since Nintendo got in trouble for the Opera browser thanks to breaking open-source licensing agreements...

Yeah I haven't used the GBA slot in a while, so I'm okay with losing it. I still plan to keep my DS lites so I won't be sad about losing that feature much.

CMT

This isn't NEWS it's a rumor. Until Nintendo says one way or the other about it, or even a hardware manufacturer, it's complete speculation. It's been speculation since the game boy that there was a new handheld coming from Nintendo with spiffy new technology.

The one flaw with getting rid of the GBA cart is the DS and GBA dual slot games like sending Pokemon from the older games to D/P/PL....

Personally I'm not a fan of upgrades where they remove features, especially useful features like the GBA slot. Like with the new PSP 3000 (which was truly announced) they battery life has decreased.

Nintendo is really about making the system as basic as possible, and making the fancy addons extra purchases in case you haven't noticed, so I doubt this.

Nintendo said they have one in the works, but they ain't releasing it until the DS Lite stops selling so well which meens it won't be anytime soon.

Considering that the DSL has sold over 13 million copies in Japan alone, and is still selling 20-30k+ weekly? I'm AMAZED it hasn't reached saturation over there yet!

Nintendo said they have one in the works, but they ain't releasing it until the DS Lite stops selling so well which meens it won't be anytime soon.

Actually, Nintendo's official response:
We are always developing new products. However, since nothing has been announced officially, we are unable to comment at this time.
Via Kotaku

I don't think they will get rid of the GBA slot. For all the people who buy Platinum with this, it would mean that they couldn't migrate Pokemon. Unless they're trying to get you to buy the DSL with Platinum, I d on't see why they would.

That has a nice ring to it. But on topic, they wouldn't get rid of the GBA slot unless they are either stupid or just want to make you buy a DSL. With Platinum coming out, they'll prbly try to get the new DS out, if it exists, as soon as they can to make more money with another release that was close to the Platinum one. So I reason that either A. The rumor is indeed only a rumor, or B. They won't get rid of the GBA slot.

There is nothing that I can find on the Official Web Sites that gives any truth to this rumor.
Well it wouldn't be a rumor if the official site mentioned it. But then you have to consider that the DS lite was leaked early, with pics, and it turned out to be the truth so who knows.

Back